Building an MS-SA box

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Feb 22 15:09:58 GMT 2004

It does top down matching just like a firewall does. The only exception is
the default rule. If I made it all top-to-bottom, and someone accidentally
put the default first, none of their rules would be used at all.

In cases where every matching rule is used, rather that the first match,
then the default is only used when none of the other rules match. In that
case, there is no "right" place for the default. I wanted to make both the
all-matches and first-match rulesets have the same semantics for the
placing of the default rule.

--
Julian Field