Which SA rule set considered "Best Practice"?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Sat Feb 21 17:31:39 GMT 2004

Pete wrote on         Sun, 22 Feb 2004 01:15:07 +1100:

> As we dont have the facility to manually feed ham/spam each day, if i
> did this for a week or 2 and build up 500 odd entries, would it be
> possible to turn off the updating of bayes and just use the DB as is,

Not recommended. Bayes works only if you learn it continually, either by
hand or auto. Then better leave it off.

or
> until i find something in the future we really need to add? Auto learn
> just doesnt work i have found :(

It possibly doesn't work for you, because you have low scoring spam or
haven't yet learned enough.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany