Stop scanning of outgoing mails?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Sat Feb 21 17:31:39 GMT 2004

Brent Strignano wrote on         Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:50:10 -0500:

> If it is you could set it up to forward incoming external email to the
> second sendmail process on your gateway server (either by a new port or
> IP address).
> Then the outgoing would stay the same and your users wouldn't know the
> difference.

There is no "gateway" and no way of knowing which IP is "external" and
which is "internal". I guess the best and simplest way really is to put
all outgoing mail on a box which doesn't have MailScanner, add all users
there and tell clients to use a different hostname for SMTP. As has been
suggested as one of the first solutions.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany