Building an MS-SA box

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Feb 21 15:13:32 GMT 2004

At 14:22 21/02/2004, you wrote:
>Just trying to finish getting
>ClamAV working. I have 0.67-1 rpm rebuilt and installed, and i can run
>the wrapper test successfully as follows:
>
>/usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-wrapper /usr
>/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20040221
>
>and it scans and does find exploits yet MS doesnt mark any nor log any
>as having been found. I am trying to figure out why, but have had no
>luck. Any ideas?

Usual reason for this is links in the /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming path.
You need to put the true path in the conf file that doesn't follow any
links at all.

I have added a note about this to the latest release, as it is a common
problem.

Also, as you are using clam, make sure that the user clam is running as can
actually read the incoming dir and all its subdirs.
--
Julian Field