Building an MS-SA box

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Sat Feb 21 01:19:50 GMT 2004

Michael Weiner wrote:
> Virus Scanning = yes
> Virus Scanners = clamav
> Virus Scanner Timeout = 300
> Silent Viruses = HTML-I
> Frame All-Viruses
> Still Deliver Silent Viruses = no

Looks normal to me (at least at 0200 in the morning here in Sweden
sitting rebuilding a server with both root mirrors crashed and trying to
save a large RAID5 volume :-).

> i do see the ClamAVBusy.lock file in /tmp and the timestamp changes as
> well, so there is something going on. But eicar.com still comes back
> "clean"

I think I have seen this as well at some point but it should trigger
file type and file name though. Try pasting the eicar string into the
body of the mail, that is don't attach a file just the contents as
regular text on one line. Let me know what happens.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2