Bayes Engine not being used?

Admin Team sysadmins at ENHTECH.COM
Fri Feb 20 16:01:48 GMT 2004

Hi folks,

I have two MailScanners -  one running on RH 7.3 and other running on RH ES
3.0. The one on RH ES was just deployed and its configuration is identical
to the 7.3 box.

THE PROBLEM:

The bayes engine on the ES 3.0 box does not seem like its being used and it
is not apparent to me why it is not being used. I can tell its not being
used because of the increase of SPAM I am receiving through this box and
the fact that there is not one BAYES_** hit on in the mailogs on this box
since it was deployed. The bayes path is /var/spool/spamassassin. There I
see bayes_toks and bayes_seen but I do not see bayes_journal. Is that the
problem?

I am running MailScanner 4.25 14 and SpamAssassin version 2.63. If anyone
could shed some light on my problem I would appreciate much.

Best Regards,

Errol Neal