Stop scanning of outgoing mails?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Fri Feb 20 14:31:31 GMT 2004

Julian Field wrote on         Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:54:11 +0000:

> I have only been partially following this thread. I tend to work around
> problems like this by having a separate outgoing mail relay from incoming.

We have a lot of distributed systems and clients just connect to
"mail.client.domain" which is the same as "client.domain" for pop, imap or
smtp, so in- and outgoing is usually on the same machine.
We currently use a milter for spam scanning which can be configured to skip
any authenticated mail and I was of the naive presumption that every mail
scanning tool would need to have such a switch. I was looking for it in
MailScanner and couldn't find it.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany