Spam whitelist rules

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Fri Feb 20 13:31:38 GMT 2004

Martin Hepworth wrote on         Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:54:07 +0000:

> as long as the spammer/virus doesn't fake your domain as the 'from' then
> yes it will.
>
> This is why I have a separate gateway machine, I can then select not to
> spam scan based on the ip of where the email came from.

Hi Martin, my question wasn't directly related to my "avoid outgoing mail
being scanned" if that is what you are referring to with the gateway
machine ;-) It just struck me that rules for

Spam Checks
Is Definitely Not Spam
Is Definitely Spam

basically do the same thing, so are quite redundant. If I understand
correctly just using rules for "Spam Checks" would be sufficient? The
other two are just for "convenience".

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany