Hello? (was Re: Adding Envelope Headers?)

John Rudd jrudd at UCSC.EDU
Thu Feb 19 23:12:25 GMT 2004

Julian,

The message isn't answerable by anyone but you -- it's a reply to your
message about how putting "Envelope-To" headers into a message would be
a bad idea (my response says that it's bad in the general cause, but not
in some specific cases, which would be based upon the MTA, and should
therefore be selectable by the sysadmin running mailscanner).

a) doesn't apply because I'm not reporting a problem, I'm refuting an
assertion of yours,

and

b) doesn't apply because you're the only one being addressed, really.
That "other's can't answer because they don't know" isn't relevant.

John