McAfee virusscan

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Thu Feb 19 23:08:26 GMT 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 09:56 am, Chris Yuzik wrote:
> OMG! I'm ready to pull what's left of my hair out.
>
> NAI and McAfee are virtually impossible to deal with. I have wasted no
> less than 3 hours on the phone over the past couple of days trying to
> get pricing for McAfee Virusscan commandline for Unix (or Linux). I
> managed to download an evaluation version and it seems fine. I have
> talked with 3 resellers that are all "not familiar with that product"
> and all promise to get back to me after talking to McAfee...and, of
> course, they never do.

*SNIPPED*

> Can anyone shed any light here? Any McAfee users out there know the
> secret?
>
> Cheers,
> Chris

Chris,

We use NAI VirusScan for Linux and FreeBSD on our MailScanner gateways.  The
command line stuff all came with "NAI Total Virus Defence (TVD) Enterprise
7.0".  OK so we have the "enterprise" version, but apparently any TVD
version includes the command-line scanners - AFAIK the only difference
between TVD packages is the number of licenses etc.

Maybe you need to mention the TVD package??

James
--
Fortune cookies says:
Take heart amid the deepening gloom that your dog is finally getting