Stop scanning of outgoing mails?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Thu Feb 19 17:31:31 GMT 2004

Peter Peters wrote on         Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:36:23 +0100:

> I am not experienced with authenticated SMTP use but wouldn't it be
> possible to get the IP-address of the authenticated client somewhere and
> use a custom function to whitelist?

sendmail adds an "authenticated" to the Received line which obviously must
be a variable available at this time, so I could possibly grab it in the
sendmail.cf and put it in a custom header. Not tested yet. But then
MailScanner would have to take action based on that header. I don't feel
like adding a custom function myself, I fear that's too complex for my
Perl skills. Last time I added a custom function our MailScanner just died
(see recent thread about adding X-Envelope headers).

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany