Silent Viruses update

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Thu Feb 19 08:20:19 GMT 2004

Daniel Bird said:
> Martin Sapsed wrote:
>
>> Anyone still maintaining a Silent Viruses list should add Tanx to it if
>> they use Sophos. I think Symantec have put it in the Beagle family.
>> Don't know about the others.
>
> Mcafee have it listed as W32/Netsky.b at MM.
>
> We just have added '@MM' to our list of silent viruses which I belive
> should do the trick for all the mass mailing worms from now on..

I run 2 antivirus products, just for my own peace of mind, if I list, for
example, @MM as a silent viruses, will MailScanner accept the virus as a
silent one even if the second antivirus product doesn't use the same virus
name (And therefore may not be listed as silent)?

Drew
> Dan
>

>> Anyone who's given up on notifying senders about Viruses, please ignore
>> this message!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> --
>> Martin Sapsed
>> Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"
>> University of Wales, Bangor             Jesus of Nazareth

> believed to be clean.

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy