Spamassassin and Bayes files

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Tue Feb 17 19:02:50 GMT 2004

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
>>if i change the bayes_path on /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf
>>file it 's ok. The db files are now in the new directory. But when i do
>>sa-learn manually how tell to spamassassin to write rules in this directory
>>and no more in /root/.spamassassin ?
>
> Make the same change in the /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf
> I did it the other way. I left it where it was for SA and used
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf for MailScanner.conf. No need to change.

I think it's best to rename /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf and then
create a symlink pointing to spam.assassin.prefs.conf. Then you will
always use the same config and you don't have to bother with adding -p
to all commands.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.30, ClamAV 0.67 + GMP 4.1.2