SpamAssassin Bayes filter and MailScanner

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Mon Feb 16 23:59:55 GMT 2004

Stephen Swaney
President
Fortress Systems Ltd.
Steve.Swaney at FSL.com

Actually this is configurable. From
http://www.spamassassin.org/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.html

        bayes_min_ham_num (Default: 200)

        bayes_min_spam_num (Default: 200)

You can configure these settings by adding the to your
spam.assassin.prefs.conf file

Steve

The score threshold above which a mail has to score, to be fed into
SpamAssassin's learning systems automatically as a spam message. >
> If I have a large number of ham messages in mail folder created by
> Outlook Express, can I copy that to the server and then just feed it
> to sa-learn?
>
> I did that with sa-learn for the spam messages. sa-learn kicked back
> that it had read one message. Is that an appropriate respones? The
> bayes_toks database grew to about 2.75M so I assumed it did the
> right thing.
>
> Thanks for all your help on this,
>
> Mike

> believed to be clean.
>
> Fortress Systems Ltd.
> www.fsl.com

dangerous content by Fortress Secure Mail Gateway
and was found to be clean.

Fortress Systems Ltd. - http://www.fsl.com