MailScanner and Spam Actions with ClamAV

Mike McMullen mlm at LOANPROCESSING.NET
Sat Feb 14 21:51:37 GMT 2004

 Hi All,

I've just installed MailScanner with SpamAssassin and ClamAV on
a RH 7.3 system.

So far so good. Everything seems to basically work and I'm really
pleased with how all this works together.

I have one issue I can't figure out. I would like to set
"Spam Actions" to "attachment".

However when I do this,  Spam Checks show up in the
log as they should but Virus and Content scanning start
and never complete.

The message is never delivered.

If I set Spam Actions back to deliver, everything works just
fine and the message is tagged as spam and delivered.

I'm new to all 3; MailScanner, SpamAssassin and ClamAV
so if I am missing something obvious please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike