Archives not being scanned, help!

Max Kipness mkipness at GENIANT.COM
Sat Feb 14 14:16:08 GMT 2004

Hello,

I've started archiving one of our domains and forwarding them to mbox
format files locally. Everything is working fine, however when I open
one of the files with a webmail program, I notice that they are not
being scanned. The original email that processes and is routed to
another email server gets scanned however. It appears as though the
archive sends the email to the file without traversing the scanner. I
even sent the eicar test file and it went through fine.

Is there something I need to configure to have archived mail get
scanned?

Thanks,

Max