Preference for batch sizes

David Hooton david at PLATFORMHOSTING.COM
Sat Feb 14 01:27:21 GMT 2004

Ken,

I agree - the stats we ran were on one particular type of hardware,
obviously if you're processing more mail you're going to need more hardware
or some kind of load sharing.

The machine we tested on was the only one we had spare at the time, but
seems to be a pretty typical kind of spec for the average MailScanner user.

The original aim of the tests were to show what the effect of changing from
disk to tempfs were and to try and work out what additional changes could be
made to minimise message scan time.

Cheers!

Dave

 Pain free spam & virus protection by:          www.mailsecurity.net.au