SA timeout setting?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Fri Feb 13 17:31:35 GMT 2004

Ugo Bellavance wrote on         Fri, 13 Feb 2004 09:32:56 -0500:

> # If SpamAssassin takes longer than this (in seconds), the check is
> # abandoned and the timeout noted.
> SpamAssassin Timeout = 200

Thanks, I'll try that. What's the default value if not present?
This is not in the MailScanner.conf of a freshly installed 4.26.8-1 nor is
it mentioned here:
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/man/MailScanner.conf.3.html

Any reason?

> Better try to see where the timeouts come from, though.

I agree, but how? SA doesn't time out when I run it manually on the same
messages. It's usually thru in about five seconds or less.

> So you disabled all the RBL tests in SA?

Yes. We test three RBLs at MTA level, No RBL tests at MS or SA level.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany