Preference for batch sizes

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Thu Feb 12 15:50:23 GMT 2004

Hi,
There was a whole thread on this a few months back, and one thing Julian
did was lower the default batch size from 100 to 30 as a result.  Sounds
like you are running an old version of MS.  If you are running a current
version, drop the batch size to 30, maybe look at lowering "Max Normal
Queue Size" (default is 1000, mine is 500 and I have a big powerful box),
and tweaking the number of children.  Tell us what version, and what your
box is...

If you have some particular spamsite out there pounding you, block them
with your MTA, eg sendmail access.db.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College