Installation bug in Mail-ClamAV-0.05

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Feb 12 14:36:49 GMT 2004

Scott,

Firstly, many thanks for a very useful piece of code!

One installation problem with 0.05 that wasn't there in 0.04
After the make install step, ClamAV.pm still contains

# removed on install
BEGIN {
require "./config.pl";
}
# end removed on install

which of course breaks when you try to use the module as "./config.pl"
cannot be found as it is not in the @INC path.

Copying config.pl into the same directory as ClamAV.pm does not help, but
commenting out the "require" statement works (line 144 of ClamAV.pm).

I can't easily give you a patch to fix this, as I'm not quite sure what you
were trying to achieve with this "require" statement.

Any fixes you could provide would be most welcome.
For now I will comment out the require statement.

Julian Field
--
Julian Field