bayes rebuild not completing?

Pete pete at eatathome.com.au
Thu Feb 12 11:17:52 GMT 2004

Julian Field wrote:

> At 00:02 12/02/2004, you wrote:
>
>> Mickey Everts wrote:
>>
>>> I installed the latest stable release earlier this week and turned on
>>> the auto rebuild feature.  This is on a Linux box for the record.
>>> Anyways, here are the messages I see in my logs.
>>> Feb 11 10:23:30 defender MailScanner[680]: Bayes database rebuild is
>>> due
>>>
>>> Feb 11 10:23:31 defender MailScanner[680]: SpamAssassin Bayes database
>>> rebuild preparing
>>>
>>> Feb 11 10:24:06 defender MailScanner[680]: SpamAssassin Bayes database
>>> rebuild starting
>>> My settings are as follows:
>>> Rebuild Bayes Every = 86400
>>> Wait During Bayes Rebuild = yes
>>> I grepped the MailScanner source and it appears that I should be
>>> seeing the following message also, but I am not.
>>> SpamAssassin Bayes database rebuild completed
>>
>> Does rebuild bayes completely remove all entries and start from scratch?
>>
>> Where do those config entries go? I cant find in ms.conf or sa.conf Can
>> i add the above 2 lines to my spamassassin.prefs.conf and my bayes will
>> be renewed from scratch every month?
>

> MailScanner.conf (should be in either /etc/MailScanner or
> /opt/MailScanner/etc depending on your OS).
> It rebuilds the database structure using the data in your current Bayes
> database, and goes through removing "expired" entries. So it doesn't lose
> any data, it just does a load of housekeeping.
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info

Hmm i have 4.25-4 i dont seem to have those entries in MS.conf

Is there a command ot completely refresh, start from new, or leave the
original first 200 entries in bayes?

We dont have any manual learning, staff wont do it, so bayes dont work
after 2 months or so, poison, so be nice to delete and rebuild it
monthly or something?

Is there a sa-learn command for that, or need to do in perl to remove
and recreate DBs?