mailscanner & freebsd

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Thu Feb 12 09:31:51 GMT 2004

Martin Hepworth said:
> Drew Marshall wrote:
>> Martin Hepworth said:

>>>Hi
>>>
>>>there are people running 5.1 and postfix with MS. Have a look in the
>>>list archives
>>>
>>>BUT, remember the 5.x series are still considered UNSTABLE and should be
>>>treated as such IMHO.
>>
>> Indeed and I am successfully running Postfix, MailScanner on FreeBSD
>> 5.2(!) although it's not a high volume server, I haven't (He says
>> touching
>> the most timber like thing he can find!) had any problems.
>>

>> Drew
>
> Drew
> Well seeing as though 5.2.1 is due out soon, as they broke quite a few
> things in 5.2, I'd be be ready for the upgrade.

Great. This is my first venture into BSD land from Linux. Oh well, I did
know it wasn't 'stable' but the links on the site take you to the current
release download not the stable download. I must like living on the edge
:-) Quite like it though (BSD, oh OK and the edge!)

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy