Local Relay patch for MS

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Wed Feb 11 22:17:02 GMT 2004

Lindsay Snider wrote:
> Julian and fellow Mailscanneriers,
>   Here is a patch which allows MailScanner to ignore ips acting as
> relays to your mailscanner server.  For example, if you collect mail on
> a mx server and then relay it to a mailscanner server, you can specify
> your mx server as a local relay.  Then, mailscanner will not report the
> mx server as the source of the message but rather the ip which connected
> to the mx.

I have a pair of MX servers before my MS box and since SA goes through
all the received headers it doesn't matter to me when it comes to detect
spam but I use MailStats (now called Vispan) and it has a cool feature
that shows the origin of spam by checking the IP address of the sending
server. In my case that means all my spam seems to come from Sweden. ;-)

Would that be fixed by this patch? If so, I'm interested in a Sendmail
version.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.61 + DCC 1.2.21, ClamAV 0.65 + GMP 4.1.2