Mydoom Virus getting Through

Daniel Kleinsinger danielk at AVALONPUB.COM
Wed Feb 11 20:32:32 GMT 2004

Julian Field wrote:

>The message that contained the MyDoom that got through Sophos (before
>3.78d) was actually a bounce from another mail server that included the
>entire text of the original message.
>
>Fortunately it's not been a big problem so far, but I would quite like to fix it if I can.

I'm running Sophos in addition to Trend and F-Prot.  Using MailWatch I
checked which virii got caught by which scanner and before installing
3.78d Sophos was catching a few less MyDoom.A (5-20 of 300-500 total
MyDoom.A slipped past Sophos everyday).  Since installing 3.78d
(yesterday) Sophos is catching all that Trend and F-Prot are.  There
still seem to be some people having issues with 3.78d, but in my case it
seems like it was a problem with Sophos, not MailScanner.

Daniel