For those of us that feel strongly that email should be a reliable transport medium.

T. Combs COMBSTM at APPSTATE.EDU
Wed Feb 11 13:52:36 GMT 2004

> Keep in mind that there are some of us (many???) that won't be happy if you
> put the bounce option back in.  You can't win.  :-)  Put me in the "Never,
> under any circumstances, put that option back in" camp.

> ...dave alden

While this is a near to heart topic, we have been throwing away mail for
years that was generated by a virus.  I point out to our people that the
only reliable line in a virus generated email is the Received: line where
our server actually connects to a source - the only really reliable part of
that line is the IP address.  The From: and To: are fabricated from
addressbooks sometimes using all of the address, sometimes using the
domain.

This feature is one of the great parts of Mailscanner and we love it!!
The option we will always use is to TRASH virus generated email.
  Combstm at appstate.edu
  Appalachian State University           (828)262-6297
  Information Technology Services   FAX: (828)262-2236