For those of us that feel strongly that email should be a reliable transport medium.

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Tue Feb 10 21:42:15 GMT 2004

Le mar 10/02/2004 à 16:33, Julian Field a écrit :

> How about yet another configuration option:
> This would just apply to the spam "bounce" action. It would be a
> configuration option called something like "Enable Spam Bounces".
>
> Maybe the default configuration should point to a ruleset that defaults to
> no but has a sample line in it which switches it on for *@yourcustomer.com.
> The ruleset would have a strongly worded header at the top explaining why
> you shouldn't use it. But I would have to document the "bounce" action to
> make it clear why this extra configuration option existed.
>
> That way an administrator has to get an idea about rulesets before they can
> make this work. People wouldn't be able to turn it on by mistake.
>
> What do you think?

Julian,

It would be quite acceptable to me (I don't bounce anything).

Denis
PS: As always you find a way to satisfy everyone! 8-)
--
Denis Beauchemin, analyste
Université de Sherbrooke, S.T.I.