For those of us that feel strongly that email should be a reliable transport medium.

DNSAdmin dnsadmin at 1BIGTHINK.COM
Tue Feb 10 21:32:07 GMT 2004

At 08:56 PM 2/10/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>At 20:46 10/02/2004, you wrote:
>>Of course it is. But he's serving "high profile customers" whom obviously
>>are more important than the rest of us slags!

MY apologies. I was responsible for that. I will politely sit down and shut
up after I comment on Julian's reply.

>Now now, people. Let's all remain calm and polite please...
>
>I think this thread is best considered closed for now.
>It's clearly a debate which is going to run and run, I may have to put the
>"bounce" option to a vote.
>But in the meantime, does anyone have any good ideas for a happy medium,
>such as enabling it but not documenting it, or producing a nasty log
>message if it is used, or something like that?
>All constructive ideas are most welcome.

I hate the thought of bouncing spam and virii, as I have been on the
receiving end as well. MailScanner software  has been criticized solely on
the fact that it allowed a 'bounce' of mail messages. Otherwise the
software received rock-solid reviews. I agree with why Julian took it out.
I wish it would not be put back in.

However, since there are certainly other ways of bouncing mail for those
determined to do so, you should probably just put it back in.

I like Dustin's suggestion of the 'bounce' header. I like to know whom to
look out for!

Cheers!