f-secure 4.52

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Feb 10 18:26:18 GMT 2004

At 19:07 10/02/2004, you wrote:
>I found a file called sweep.pl at /usr/share/mailscanner/
>SweepViruses.pm doesnt exit in my system

In which case you are running version 3 which I haven't supported for at
least 1 1/2 years when I wrote version 4. The Debian stable version is so
old it's completely useless. It's a bit like virus scanning or spam
scanning, if the code is too old it doesn't work any more. The world has
moved on rather a long way since the last edition of version 3. I suggest
you remove version 3 *completely*, switch to debian unstable and install
version 4.

Sorry, but I haven't got the time to support code that is getting on for
being nearly 2 years out of date. To stay with version 3, you will have to
use a version of F-Secure that is 1 1/2 years old as well.

Julian Field