Spam checks

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 9 19:59:08 GMT 2004

It tends to log it even though it's not doing it. Considering the
possibility of rulesets, it's not actually as trivial as you think it might
be to decide if any spam checks are to be done.
So I log it anyway, even though that particular message batch might not
contain any messages to be spam checked.

At 15:52 09/02/2004, you wrote:
>Hi all
>I have disabled spamchecks and use spamassassin in the conf file yet I still
>see entries like below in my logfile.
>MailScanner[20476]: Spam Checks: Starting
>
>Any ideas?
>

>Mozzi

>Scanned by @lantic IS Virus Control Service
>This message was scanned for viruses and dangerous content.
>@lantic Internet Services (Pty) Ltd. - http://www.lantic.net
>eScan for Windows-based PCs - http://www.escan.co.za
>
>If you have received a message marked in the subject line
>as [SPAM] please note that according to our MailScanner,
>this message has all the attributes of Unsolicited
>Commercial Email (UCE). If the message has however been
>marked incorrectly, please send a query to abuse at lantic.net

Julian Field