Rule to allow internal zip files/block external

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Mon Feb 9 18:31:40 GMT 2004

Richard Alexander wrote:
> I am currently running MS 4.26.7, SA 2.63.1, on red hat 9.0.  Because of
> the recent flood of *.zip attachment viruses we currently block all the
> standard attachments as well as all zip attachments.  Is there a way to
> allow to local users to send zip files within our local site, while still
> blocking external zip attachments from entering our system?

Yes, use a ruleset to point local users to a different
filename.rules.conf than the rest.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.61 + DCC 1.2.21, ClamAV 0.65 + GMP