Sophos missed MyDoom-A bounced msg

Travis Taylor 20020401 at DUH.NET
Mon Feb 9 17:32:21 GMT 2004

>Travis,
>
>We have the same situation here.  Right now, I am trying to retreive
>the Symantec quarantined documents, and will be sending them to Sophos.
>
>I would suggest sending them yours, also.
>
>Dustin
>--
>Dustin Baer
>Unix Administrator/Postmaster
>Information Handling Services
>15 Inverness Way East
>Englewood, CO 80112
>303-397-2836

I'm in the process of sending it to sophos now, Dustin.

On a side note, I decided to sent the quarantined message as an
attachment to myself and MailScanner/Sophos caught it.  Though when I
pasted the infected bounced message in the body of a message and sent
it to myself it slipped through without being detected.  I'm wondering
if this has something to do with how the message is encoded (mime,
uuencode, etc).

---
Travis Taylor, EMail Administrator
Newton Unified School District #373