antivir

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Feb 8 19:23:12 GMT 2004

Thanks for the server version. I installed my licence file into it (thanks
to the AntiVir crew for that), and ran it on a message with a few copies of
eicar in it. It detected all of them just fine.

Here is an example report:
>This is a message from the MailScanner E-Mail Virus Protection Service
>The original e-mail attachment "eicar.zip"
>was believed to be infected by a virus and has been replaced by this warning
>message.
>
>If you wish to receive a copy of the *infected* attachment, please
>e-mail helpdesk and include the whole of this message
>in your request. Alternatively, you can call them, with
>the contents of this message to hand when you call.
>
>At Sun Feb  8 19:12:09 2004 the virus scanner said:
>    AntiVir: ALERT: [Eicar-Test-Signatur virus] eicar.zip --> eicar.com <<< =
>Contains code of the Eicar-Test-Signatur virus

I have now tested this on
         AntiVir workstation 2.0.6
         AntiVir workstation 2.1.0
         AntiVir server 2.0.8
and can confirm that they all work with MailScanner on my Linux systems.

Please place a copy of eicar.com in a directory and run this command:
/usr/lib/MailScanner/antivir-wrapper /usr/lib/AntiVir -allfiles -s -noboot
-rs -z .
The output should be this (except for the line about the Verlor.B virus)

-----SNIP-----
AntiVir / Linux Version 2.1.0-1
Copyright (c) 1994-2004 by H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH.
All rights reserved.

VDF version: 6.23.0.60 created 06 Feb 2004

For private, non-commercial use only.
AntiVir license: 1001034888 for Julian Field, Southampton

checking drive/path (list): .
ALERT: [W97M/Verlor.B virus] ./barendsesaunastoom.doc <<< Contains code of
the Word macro virus W97M/Verlor.B (removeable)
ALERT: [Eicar-Test-Signatur virus] ./eicar.com <<< Contains code of the
Eicar-Test-Signatur virus