SA 2.63 upgrade

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Sat Feb 7 00:34:39 GMT 2004

Jim Dickenson wrote:
> What I have seen is people recommend not using the RPM. I have not seen a
> reason for that. This is why I am asking.

The binary RPM:s have fixed paths for everything and MS can't find what
it needs, you seem to have lost all rules SA provides for example.
People have had mixed results but for most it simply does not work and
it's not supported when used with MS. Isn't that enough for you?

Back out the SA RPM and install from CPAN.

# rpm -e name_of_sa_rpm
# perl -e shell -MCPAN
cpan> install Mail::SpamAssassin

It will work.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.25-14,
SpamAssassin 2.61 + DCC 1.2.21, ClamAV 0.65 + GMP