New installation -- and problems i never had

Fri Feb 6 08:55:37 GMT 2004

Christoph Resch wrote:
> hi martin ,
>
> thanks for support and this mail is just for the ML and for information ..
>
> i know installed mailscanner from latest debian unstable package .. but i
> think the problem was, tha Mailscanner handled the mails funny ... mails sent
> from the commandline to local users have no additional spam-reports ..
> everything that goes through SMTP does ..
>
> just interresting

There's some rules in the MailScanner.conf that say whether or not to
spam scan certain hosts. The default is probably not to scan local host.
either that or the way your MTA is setup the 'post mailscanner' queue
(ie delivery) is the default queue for /usr/sbin/sendmail (or whatever
your MTA is).

Well I think that was really badly explained, if you need it clearer I
can try again, after I've finished my first coffee :-)

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

the system manager.