200,000 downloads of MailScanner

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Feb 4 12:29:45 GMT 2004

At 12:03 04/02/2004, you wrote:
>It would be interesting to know how many live sites use MailScanner.
>
>Your graphs suggest it is around 11,000, but maybe some users aren't
>fastidious about upgrading to the latest version.

Most people don't upgrade every version, you folks are in a minority. Based
on the download figures, and knowing the number of people who contact me
directly, and a guess on the proportion of users who would need to email me
personally for help (which is small), my best guess is about 40,000 sites.

--
Julian Field