Spamcop not working

Miserable Old Git oldmaxgit at YAHOO.COM
Wed Feb 4 07:34:20 GMT 2004

Doing a search of the archive I found a similar question asked but I cannot
find a resolution, apologies if I have missed it.

I am using MailScanner 4.25-11  and ApamAssassin 2.60 on a RaQ4

Problem :
Spam is getting through which has come from IP numbers which are listed on
Spamcop (maybe listed on others too but I’ve not found them).

In mailscanner.conf I have :
Spam Checks = yes
Spam List = ORDB-RBL Infinite-Monkeys spamcop.net

And in spam.lists.conf I have :
ORDB-RBL                        relays.ordb.org.
spamhaus.org                    sbl.spamhaus.org.
spamcop.net                     bl.spamcop.net.
Infinite-Monkeys                proxies.relays.monkeys.com.

I notice that under “Spam List“ in the page about mailscanner.conf
says “These lists are based on the numeric IP address of the server that
sent the message to your MailScanner server.”

My implementation involves an extra hop for email directly before the
server which is running Mailscanner,  If Spamcop is only ever checked
against the previous IP,  it will never find the IP listed.

If this is the case,  is there a way to specify which hop is checked ?

Going quietly nuts !