CLAMAV installation instructions?

Rob sysadmin at FLEETONE.COM
Mon Feb 2 19:20:15 GMT 2004

First, download the latest CLAMAV and extract it.  Then:
The simplest way to compile this package is:

  1. `cd' to the directory containing the package's source code and type
     `./configure' to configure the package for your system.  If you're
     using `csh' on an old version of System V, you might need to type
     `sh ./configure' instead to prevent `csh' from trying to execute
     `configure' itself.

     Running `configure' takes awhile.  While running, it prints some
     messages telling which features it is checking for.

  2. Type `make' to compile the package.

  3. Optionally, type `make check' to run any self-tests that come with
     the package.

  4. Type `make install' to install the programs and any data files and
     documentation.

Now, edit your MailScanner.conf file and look for the line:

Virus Scanners =

Add clamav to the end of this line, save it, and restart MailScanner.

Rob