i want to understand something please

Michele Neylon : Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Sun Aug 29 22:32:15 IST 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-30 at 00:12 +0300, Idan Plotnik wrote:

> 1. If I configure in my MailScanner.conf:
>
> Using SA = yes
>
> And I configure score = 7
>
> And in the local.cf I configure:
>
> required_hits           7.5
>

> what is count between them?
The score you set in MailScanner.donf is the one that matters

> 2. I saw some people copy the SA rules to /etc/mail/spamassassin and
> some not, they just using the original rules
> in /usr/shard/spamassassin
>
> What is the different between those two locations ?
>
> And what really count ?
Have a look through the archives for discussion of SA rules. They have
been discussed at length and in detail

Would you also please stop posting HTML emails to the list.

--
Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions