Mailscanner doesn't add charset when adding signature

Leif Neland mailscanner-user at NELAND.DK
Sat Aug 28 08:53:51 IST 2004

Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:

> So when I sign a clean message, I need to add

> to the headers in the message if they aren't already both there?

I think you are right here.

> What other situations do I need to do this in?

I believe that whenever you add a MIME-Version, you need to have the charset
too.

> I've not actually experienced this problem myself, so I am going
> completely on what you tell me. Please be sure to explain it to me
> precisely, don't assume anything.
> Exactly what situations require this change?

I've only experienced the problem with signing plain text messages.

The other option is NOT to add the MIME-header when the message is only
plain text.

Leif