Mailscanner doesn't add charset when adding signature

Kevin Spicer kevins at BMRB.CO.UK
Thu Aug 26 18:04:17 IST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 17:37, Julian Field wrote:
> I think so, yes. I only add the MIME-Version header if it isn't already
> there. So I could add the Content-Type header if there is no MIME-Version
> header. But unfortunately, what do I put for the MIME type? My email client
> displays a message as html even if there is just a "Content-Type:
> text/plain" header, or no Content-Type header at all. Not sure I can get
> all the information I need to do "the right thing". I can't add the charset
> unless I also set the MIME type, and I can't guess the MIME type if it
> isn't already there.
>
> Thoughts?

Well, you could use file -i on the message body, but I suspect that
isn't going to be as portable as one might hope.

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.