MailScanner not processing mqueue.in

John Hinton webmaster at EW3D.COM
Wed Aug 25 20:02:39 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
After battling server overload one morning after finding our T-1 had
been down for about 7 hours, I managed to break MailScanner's ability to
process the mqueue.in messages.

What I did. I had shut down MailScanner (MailScanner-mrtg restarted it)
and started Sendmail to reduce the processing. I also dumped the RBL
lists. Seems I was doing a lot of fighting with not very good results.

Anyway, I seached the archives and couldn't seem to hit upon the right
word combo to find any good info on this. But can someone direct me
toward what I have broken? The mqueue.in directory is catching all the
inbound mail and even though everything appears to be right in my
MailScanner config file, it is refusing to process those emails. If I
move them on mqueue, Sendmail works its way through them just fine.

Thanks,
John Hinton