Filename Rules

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Aug 25 18:21:34 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
At 18:14 25/08/2004, you wrote:
>I have a customer who does not want the filename rules applied to his
>email. Can someone point me in the right direction to create a ruleset to
>not apply these rules to him?

Create different filename.rules.conf files for the different customers,
then just use a ruleset to point at the relevant file. Sounds like your
customer wants a filename.rules.conf file that says
allow   .       -       -
(separated with tabs). Put this in, for example,
filename.rules.conf.allow.all. Then have a ruleset which says
FromOrTo: customer at awkward.com  /etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf.allow.all
FromOrTo: default       /etc/MailScanner/filename.rules.conf

Then just restart or reload MailScanner and away you go.
--
Julian Field