double message

Mark Nienberg mark at TIPPINGMAR.COM
Fri Aug 20 17:54:01 IST 2004

On 19 Aug 2004 at 9:20, Julian Field wrote:

> Change to
> Lock Type = posix
> as you have built sendmail without flock() support.

I think that every once in a while I get a double message too.  I used to think it was
the fault of the e-mail client or the POP service, but now I wonder.  How do you tell if
sendmail has been compiled to support flock()?  Following is the output of the same
command on my system, which is stock Fedora Core 1.

[root at gingham root]# sendmail -bt -d0.10 < /dev/null | head -n 40

Version 8.12.10

Compiled with: DNSMAP HESIOD HES_GETMAILHOST LDAPMAP
LOG MAP_REGEX MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7
NAMED_BIND NETINET NETINET6 NETUNIX NEWDB NIS
PIPELINING SASLv2 SCANF STARTTLS TCPWRAPPERS
USERDB USE_LDAP_INIT

OS Defines: ADDRCONFIG_IS_BROKEN HASFCHOWN HASFCHMOD
HASFLOCK HASGETDTABLESIZE HASINITGROUPS HASLSTAT
HASNICE HASRANDOM HASRRESVPORT HASSETREGID HASSETREUID
HASSETRLIMIT HASSETSID HASSETVBUF HASURANDOMDEV
HASSTRERROR HASUNAME HASUNSETENV HASWAITPID
IDENTPROTO NEEDSGETIPNODE REQUIRES_DIR_FSYNC
USE_DOUBLE_FORK USE_SIGLONGJMP

I see the HASFLOCK in the "OS defines section", but Matthijs has that too.
Thanks,

--
Mark W. Nienberg, SE
Tipping Mar + associates