Incomplete sendmail logs after upgrade to MS 4.32.5
p.g.m.peters at utwente.nl
Thu Aug 19 23:15:45 IST 2004
Just upgraded two systems running different MS-versions to MS 4.32.5.
When checking the logfiles I noticed something strange.
I see the from= logline from sendmail. Then MS shows it's loglines when
processing the message. After that I get a to= logline from the next
sendmail with a stat=sent. I don't see the to= logline with the
stat=queued from the daemonized sendmail.
I checked whether there was some other sendmail running but it wasn't.
Killing MS stopped processing mail from mqueue.in as expected. Messages
appeared in mqueue.in but still no loglines with to= and stat=queued.
Anybody else seen this behaviour. I have seen this on two different
machines sendmail 8.12.10 and 8.12.8 on RedHat Enterprise resp. Redhat
MS was installed using the standard rpm.
Peter Peters, senior netwerkbeheerder
Dienst Informatietechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie (ITBE)
Universiteit Twente, Postbus 217, 7500 AE Enschede
telefoon: 053 - 489 2301, fax: 053 - 489 2383, http://www.utwente.nl/itbe
------------------------ MailScanner list ------------------------
To unsubscribe, email jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk with the words:
'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and
the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).
More information about the MailScanner