Allowing .exe files in .zip files

Rob Poe rpoe at PLATTESHERIFF.ORG
Tue Aug 17 15:45:00 IST 2004

But I found that setting wasn't double uncompressing .zip files (new
viruses seem to be coming as double compressed .zip files)...

On 16 Aug 2004 at 10:55, Renata D. Vieira wrote:

> Does anyone know if it is possible to configure MailScanner to allow
.exe files compressed in .zip
> files?

You can configure MailScanner so it does not enforce filename checks on
files that
are compresed in zipfiles.

# The maximum depth to which zip archives will be unpacked, to allow
for
# checking filenames and filetypes within zip archives.
# To disable this feature set this to 0.
# A common useful setting is this option = 0, and Allow
Password-Protected
# Archives = no. That block password-protected archives but does not
do
# any filename/filetype checks on the files within the archive.
Maximum Archive Depth = 0

--
Mark W. Nienberg, SE
Tipping Mar + associates