ETRN support in MailScanner required

William Burns William.Burns at AEROFLEX.COM
Mon Aug 16 20:50:39 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Peter:

This is an interesting solution...
You're running another copy of sendmail that looks at the outbound
queue, and has the ETRN feature enabled.

The "sendmail-out" instance of sendmail could be configured to do this too.
It could listen for SMTP connections, either just on a non-standard
port, or on a different IP like you're doing now. (assuming that another
IP is available/configurable on that box)

This solves everyones ETRN problems, no?

Note:
Lately, when I reply to messages on this list, I get inconsistent "to:"
information... Sometime I get the address of the list, sometimes I get
the address of the sender. Weird...

-Bill