Possible message corruption doing hold queue access...

Hirsh, Joshua joshua.hirsh at PARTNERSOLUTIONS.CA
Thu Aug 12 13:57:58 IST 2004

> Does anyone have any opinions on the likelihood of message corruption,

 Wietse' comment was concerning how MailScanner read from the deferred queue
directly, which was prior to when someone suggested using the hold queue
method.

 In previous versions I did see some message corruption when MailScanner
accessed the deferred queues, which has apparently been fixed in the later
versions. However, I switched to the hold queue method awhile back and
haven't seen a single corrupted message since the change (of course, YMMV,
but no one has reported one to me). We regularly see between 30k and 40k
messages per day, so I'm sure we would have experienced a problem with the
hold queue method if one existed..

 Cheers,
-Joshua