RunAsUser postfix issue

Brian Peterson brian.peterson at MAC.COM
Tue Aug 10 18:30:59 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
I'm having problems starting MailScanner when setting the Run As User
to postfix.

server:/opt/MailScanner/bin root# ./check_mailscanner
Starting MailScanner...
Bad arg length for Socket::pack_sockaddr_in, length is 0, should be 4
at /System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/Socket.pm line
373.

Anyone have any idea how to debug where this error might be coming
from?  I suspect it's several modules deep as there don't appear to be
any direct calls to pack_sockaddr_in.

If I define the Run As User as root, MailScanner starts properly but
obviously there are issues with the saving files to the outgoing
postifix spool.

server:/opt/MailScanner/bin root# ./MailScanner -V
This is Perl version 5.008001
This is MailScanner version 4.32.5
Module versions are:
1.00    AnyDBM_File