problems installing

Dave Filchak dfilchak at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 10 16:43:43 IST 2004

I have just tried installing this with CPAN and for whatever reason, it is
still failing. One hint might be that when I start the CPAN shell, I get the
following:

        Undefined value assigned to typeglob at (eval 14) line 15, <RC> line
11.
Warning [/etc/inputrc line 11]:
  Invalid variable `mark-symlinked-directories'

cpan shell -- CPAN exploration and modules installation (v1.76)
ReadLine support enabled

Can't ioctl TIOCGETP: Invalid argument
Consider installing Term::ReadKey from CPAN site nearby
        at http://www.perl.com/CPAN
Or use
        perl -MCPAN -e shell
to reach CPAN. Falling back to 'stty'.
        If you do not want to see this warning, set PERL_READLINE_NOWARN
in your environment.

When I try to install Term::ReadKey, amongst other things which appear to be
OK, I get:

        /usr/include/bits/sigcontext.h:28:29: asm/sigcontext.h: No such file
or directory
make: *** [ReadKey.o] Error 1
  /usr/bin/make -j3 -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

It seems I have a lot of 'no such file or directory errors'

Have you seen this before and have any hints for me?

TIA

Dave