.esp files and script blocking

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Fri Aug 6 21:06:18 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Steffan Vigano wrote:
> So we have some graphic designers in house that use .eps files a lot. I
> have MailScanner set to allow .eps filenames via "filename.rules.conf",
> but with Scripts being blocked in general.  Mailscanner still blocks
> them saying:
>
>   "Report: MailScanner: No Scripting allowed (test.eps)"
>
> Shouldn't a specifically allowed filename trump a global script
> denial?   I'd hate to have to add these users to the specific
> "scripts.rules" and have them bypass all other script checks.  Where
> else could look?

The attachments will be blocked if they are denied in either
filename.rules.conf or filetype.rules.conf. You allow the file name but
deny the file type so there you go. Either you will have to allow
scripts (it is the default) or you will have to use a ruleset for file
types.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.32.5,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.50, ClamAV 0.75.1 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.4

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
</x-flowed>